Thursday, March 4, 2010

3: A Healthy One-Dish Meal!

I have decided to modify one of the meals I had on Day 3 - that is, my lunch on Sunday, 28 February. My grandmother cooked her world-renowned chicken and potato curry for me. It tasted delicious but I already felt unhealthy eating it because of the huuuge red layer of oil I had neglected to remove before I started eating and all the chicken skin, which I really really love and hate to remove.



Nevertheless, here are some ideas on how I could keep myself from exploding or dying of clogged arteries at age fourteen:

1) Don't deep fry the potatoes before cooking them with the curry. It makes them taste better but is very unhealthy.

2) Use less condiments such as oil and salt.

3) Replace the coconut milk with low-fat evaporated milk. This will also enable you to leave it out or store it for a longer period of time before it goes bad, as compared to coconut milk.

4) Try to eat more white meat and less red meat. Use chicken breast instead of chicken drumstick and remove the fats and chicken skin. :(

I hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment